POST WRITTEN ON JULY 15th, 2011. Posted on August 2, 2011. It's how I roll.
Today I say good-bye to three characters that have hijacked my nightly reading since December of 1998. I get to go see HP 7.2 with Dan today at 2:00. We have gone to each and every movie together. I've spent endless hours in a movie theater seat dying with excitement. I was pregnant for three of the movies and suffered quietly just to see this fantastical world come to life.
I cannot tell you how many times I've read the books (each of them numerous times). I pre-ordered three of the books on-line so that I could be one of the first to read it. I ran to my door every five minutes waiting for those books and when they finally did come I was a mess of happiness.
I nerded out with my dear friend Kristin. We talked endlessly about Harry Potter. We talked trivia, we cleared up any misconceptions we had (ONLY 6 Horcruxes? Whatevs) and just slobbered over the amazingness of the books in general.
In December of 2000, I went to the 8th Floor at Macy's and saw the Harry Potter exhibit. I was like a little kid in there. It was amazing seeing how big Hagrid really was and looking at little HP when he was a baby. Coincidentally that was the same evening Dan went to buy my engagement ring! He couldt go to the Harry Potter exhibit with me because he said he was busy. He WAS!
And now I say good-bye. I'm really sad about this. Probably too much? Don't judge. I have to have compassion about something. Even if it is HP. :)

4 comments:
Okay, this is how I figure the horcruxes: 1. diary 2. ring 3. necklace 4. cup 5. diadem 6. snake 7. Harry
Harry is a horcrux himself since part of Voldemort is in him. That is why he must die.
Exactly, Dragonfly!
So inadvertently, Voldemort split his soul into 8 pieces - 7 in the horcruxes and the last piece in his soul. I like to think that that contributed to his downfall - 8 is not a magical number:)
Don't get me started....:)
I never read past book 4 and I think only saw the movies up to book 5. I guess I need to repent and go hit the library!
Post a Comment